Monday, February 25, 2013

Anna's cake adventures!

Hello,
A couple of weeks ago I made some little cakes as I couldnt remember the last time I had made any and fancied doing some baking. Anyway, I documented this weeks 'cake adventures' on instagram and had some very nice comments :) Sally at Hand Over Your Fair Cakes asked me for the recipe so I thought I would post the recipe here today.
Its a very simple recipe that I use every week then I add my own spin. This week- SHRIMP CAKES! I wasnt sure how these would turn out after cooking the chunks of shrimp but it turns into this sort of toffee like substance. Yum.

Ingredients-
110g butter or margarine
110g self raising flour
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Bag of shrimp sweets, I bought mine from M&S

For the icing-
140g icing sugar
70g butter

You need 12 hole cake tin and paper cake cases.

Method-
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale. Add the vanilla extract. Then add the beaten egg a little bit of a time.
3. Chop up the shrimps into little pieces (leaving 12 to decorate the tops)
4. Fold the sifted flour in to the mixture a little at a time the add the shrimp chunks.
5. Half fill the paper cake cases with the mixture.
6. Bake for 10-15mins. They will probably take 10. You can check if they are cooked by touching the top of the cake. If it springs back up they are cooked.
7. Allow to cool fully.
8. For the icing cream the butter until soft then add the icing sugar. Ice the cakes with a flat knife then add a shrimp!
DONE!

You can substitute shrimps for anything else you fancy I guess. Hope you like them!
Anna, CM

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh they look ace!
Defo going to try the recipe.
Maria Delgado

 
Arts Blogs - Blog Top Sites